If you want to improve the shape and appearance of your body, you may consider surgical options such as hip aesthetics or tummy tuck. But what is the difference between these two procedures and which one might be more suitable for you? In this article, we will compare hip aesthetics and tummy tuck for Aesthetic Appearance, how they are done, and their advantages and disadvantages.
What is Hip Aesthetics?
A hip aesthetic procedure is a surgical procedure to change the size, shape and proportion of your hips. Hip aesthetics can be done in two main ways: hip implants or fat transfer (also known as Brazilian Butt Lift). Hip implants are silicone or saline filled sacs. These sacs are placed below or above your hips. Fat transfer, on the other hand, is the injection of fat from another part of your body (usually your abdomen, waist or hips) into your hips.
The hip aesthetic procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes about 2-4 hours. The healing process varies from person to person. You can usually recover completely in 2-6 weeks. Your hips may appear fuller, rounder and upturned after hip aesthetics. It may also be more compatible with other parts of your body.
What are the Advantages of Hip Aesthetics Procedure?
Some of the advantages of the hip aesthetic procedure are:
- You can change the size and shape of your hips as you wish.
- You can prevent your hips from sagging or falling.
- You can get a thinner waist or abdomen by removing excess fat from other parts of your body.
- You can increase your self-confidence.
What are the Disadvantages of Hip Aesthetics Procedure?
Some disadvantages of hip aesthetic procedure are:
- You may experience surgical complications. These include infection, bleeding, wound healing problems, implant slippage or rupture, fat necrosis (death of fat tissue) or pulmonary embolism (blood clot traveling to the lungs).
- The healing process can be long and difficult. You may experience pain, swelling, bruising and stiffness after hip aesthetics. You may also not be able to sit or lie down on your hips for at least 6 weeks.
- The results may not meet your expectations. After hip aesthetics, the shape of your hips may change over time. For example, weight gain, aging, or pregnancy can cause your hips to sag or drop. Also, implants or fat injections may not look or feel natural.
What is Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure for removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tightening the abdominal muscles. Tummy tuck procedure is usually done under general anesthesia and takes about 2-5 hours. The healing process varies from person to person. You can usually recover completely in 4-6 weeks. After the tummy tuck procedure, your abdomen may look flatter, tighter and smoother. Also, your clothes can fit better.
What are the Advantages of Tummy Tuck Process?
Some advantages of tummy tuck are:
- You can get a slimmer appearance by removing excess skin and fat from your abdomen.
- By tightening your abdominal muscles, you can have a more fit and healthy posture.
- You can heal your skin by removing stretch marks or scars that occur after pregnancy or weight loss.
- You can increase your self-confidence.
What are the Disadvantages of Tummy Tuck Process?
Some disadvantages of tummy tuck are:
- You may experience surgical complications. These include infection, bleeding, wound healing problems, seroma (fluid accumulation at the wound site), necrosis (tissue death), or pulmonary embolism.
- The healing process can be long and difficult. You may experience pain, swelling, bruising and tension after tummy tuck. You may also not be able to lift heavy or exercise for at least 6 weeks.
- The results may not meet your expectations. After a tummy tuck, a permanent scar may remain on your abdomen. Also, weight gain, aging, or pregnancy can reshape your abdomen.
Hip Aesthetics or Tummy Tuck for Aesthetic Appearance?
You need to consider many factors to choose between hip aesthetics and tummy tuck procedures. These include your body type, expectations, budget, health condition, and your surgeon’s recommendation. Both procedures can improve your aesthetic appearance, but they also carry risks. For this reason, it is important that you do a detailed research and consult a professional doctor before having these procedures.